- The fort at Khimsar is a magnificent fifteenth century vintage property, and now a heritage hotel....
- Forts and Monuments
- Khimsar Fort
- Umaid Bhawan Palace
- Mehrangarh Fort
- Jaswant Thada
- Phool Mahal
- Fairs & Festivals
- Nagaur Fair
- Near Khimsar
- Kerala - God's Own Country
- Rajasthan Heritage Tour
- Sikkim Delight Tour
- Jewels Of Rajasthan Tour
- The Treasures of India & Nepal
- Temple and Spices Tour
- Best Of Two Cultures (Karnataka & Kerala)
- Backwater Beach Tours Kerala
- Golden Triangle Tour with Ajanta and Ellora
- Enchanting Kerala Tour
- Colourful Heritage Tour of Rajasthan
- Classical North India with Nepal
- Classical North India Tour
- Exotic Kerala Tour
- Rajasthan Forts And Palaces Tour
- Exotic South India Tour with Backwaters of Kerala
- Golden Triangle with Ranthambore Tour
- Golden Triangle Tour 5-6
Khimsar Fort Tourism
The fort at Khimsar is a magnificent fifteenth century vintage property, and now a heritage hotel managed by the WelcomHeritage group. Made by Rao Karamsji, 8th son of the founder of Jodhpur Rao Jodha, it is situated a mere 90 km from Jodhpur. Karamsot Rathor, the twentieth generation direct descendent of Rao Karamsji still occupies a part of the Fort.
This heritage hotel is a winner Grand Heritage Award for Excellence' by the Tourism Board of the Government of India. Overlooking the Thar Desert, a stay here is an excellent way of experiencing the beauty of the desert in utmost luxury. It has 60 air-conditioned rooms complete with all mod-cons.
The fort is replete with history. It has guns and cannons that have participated in several battles, Jain idols from the 9th century onwards and pillars erected in memory of war heroes.
Camel and horse safaris are available for leisure activities. There is also a BlackBuck reserves a mere fifteen minutes away that can be explored through a jeep safari. Yoga, sauna, health club and tennis courts are par for the course. There is even a telescope for stargazing in the clear desert sky.
There is an in-house museum that showcases the family memorabilia and miniature paintings of this region. A stay here can also include an opportunity to see the village craftsmen in action with visits to the goldsmith, leather workers, stone mason and potter. A handicrafts shop stocked with exquisite items handpicked by the royal family adds to the experience.