- The Desert Festival is a mega showcase of all things Rajasthan.....
- Forts and Monuments
- Jaisalmer Fort
- Nathmal Ji Ki Haveli
- Salim Singh Ki Haveli
- Desert National Park
- Akal Wood Fossil Park
- Gadsisar Lake
- Desert Festival
- Near Jaisalmer
- Sand Dunes
- Kerala - God's Own Country
- Rajasthan Heritage Tour
- Sikkim Delight Tour
- Jewels Of Rajasthan Tour
- The Treasures of India & Nepal
- Temple and Spices Tour
- Best Of Two Cultures (Karnataka & Kerala)
- Backwater Beach Tours Kerala
- Golden Triangle Tour with Ajanta and Ellora
- Enchanting Kerala Tour
- Colourful Heritage Tour of Rajasthan
- Classical North India with Nepal
- Classical North India Tour
- Exotic Kerala Tour
- Rajasthan Forts And Palaces Tour
- Exotic South India Tour with Backwaters of Kerala
- Golden Triangle with Ranthambore Tour
- Golden Triangle Tour 5-6
Desert Festival Jaisalmer
Mesmerising Jaisalmer, golden against the yellow desert sands, is the location of the Desert Festival, in the month of February each year. Brilliant colours of the Rajasthani people and their captivating folk music and dances, draw people magnetically.
Rajasthani men in colourful turbans and traditional garments play the music and sing of brave warriors, royal romances and tragedy; while women decked up in multi-hued skirts and veils perform the traditional dances.
Desert craftsmen bring exquisitely embroidered skirts, rugs, hand-woven shawls, wood and stone carvings, camel decorations, embroidered leather bags, ethnic silver jewellery and terracotta wares from all over Rajasthan to sell at this festival. You can pick up excellent bargains!
The Desert Festival is a mega showcase of all things Rajasthan. It is not linked with any legend. Instead, the Desert Festival is simply a celebration of life in the desert. For entertainment, there are camel races, camel dances, camel acrobatics, best dressed camel competition, camel polo and tug of war. There are even turban-tying contest and Mr. Desert contest to liven up the proceedings.
The Desert Festival is a three day long affair of sheer fun and revelry.