- Banganga Fair, A Big And Popular Fair Is Held In Bairath, Jaipur In The Month Of Vaisakh....
- Kerala - God's Own Country
- Rajasthan Heritage Tour
- Sikkim Delight Tour
- Jewels Of Rajasthan Tour
- The Treasures of India & Nepal
- Temple and Spices Tour
- Best Of Two Cultures (Karnataka & Kerala)
- Backwater Beach Tours Kerala
- Golden Triangle Tour with Ajanta and Ellora
- Enchanting Kerala Tour
- Colourful Heritage Tour of Rajasthan
- Classical North India with Nepal
- Classical North India Tour
- Exotic Kerala Tour
- Rajasthan Forts And Palaces Tour
- Exotic South India Tour with Backwaters of Kerala
- Golden Triangle with Ranthambore Tour
- Golden Triangle Tour 5-6
Banganga Fair Jaipur
Banganga Fair, A Big and Popular Fair is Held in Bairath, Jaipur in the Month of Vaisakh to Mark Indian New Year
Location: Radha Krishna ji Temple, Bairath, Jaipur
When: Vaisakh (Baisakh), April - May
Attractions: Largest fair in Rajasthan, rural trading and festive celebrations
Rajasthan - Jaipur - Banganga fair
Banganga fair is held every year in the month of Baisakh based on Hindu calendar. Baisakh marks the beginning of New Year according to the Indian tradition. The Ban Ganga fair is the biggest fair in Rajasthan.
History of the fair
The location Bairath in Jaipur of the Banganga fair has both history and mythology attached to it. The belief is that the lake was created by Arjuna, one of the Pandavas in Mahabharata. During the famous battle of Mahabharata, Bhishma Pitamaha (among the most revered warriors and an elder of both the fighting clans) was wounded by Arjuna. When he asked for water, Arjuna shot an arrow into the ground from where water sprang up. Therefore, this lake is considered sacred. The Radha-Krishnaji Temple was built by Shri Nandram Bakshi of Jaipur over two hundred years back.
A dip in the lake in the month of Vaisakh is supposed to cleanse the soul and wash away the sins.
The occasion of the fair is also a time for the rural folk of Rajasthan to carry out trade and enjoy themselves after the harvesting and sowing period is over. Toys, household products, handicrafts and rural equipments are bought and sold.
Bairath is just 85 kms from Jaipur off National Highway No. 8 near Shahpura. If traveling to Rajasthan, include this festival in your trip to get an experience of Rajasthan.