- Kaila Devi Fair Is Dedicated To Maha Lakshmi, The Goddess Of Wealth....
- Kerala - God's Own Country
- Rajasthan Heritage Tour
- Sikkim Delight Tour
- Jewels Of Rajasthan Tour
- The Treasures of India & Nepal
- Temple and Spices Tour
- Best Of Two Cultures (Karnataka & Kerala)
- Backwater Beach Tours Kerala
- Golden Triangle Tour with Ajanta and Ellora
- Enchanting Kerala Tour
- Colourful Heritage Tour of Rajasthan
- Classical North India with Nepal
- Classical North India Tour
- Exotic Kerala Tour
- Rajasthan Forts And Palaces Tour
- Exotic South India Tour with Backwaters of Kerala
- Golden Triangle with Ranthambore Tour
- Golden Triangle Tour 5-6
Kaila Devi Fair Ajmer
Kaila Devi Fair Is Dedicated To Maha Lakshmi, The Goddess Of Wealth. Held In Karauli Rajasthan Kaila Devi Fair Lasts For A Fortnight.
Location: Village Kaila, 24 kms in Karauli district, also accessible from Hindaun and Mahavirji
When: Hindu calendar month of Chaitra, March to April
Attractions: Pilgrimage, festivities and merrymaking, trading
Rajasthan - Karauli - Kaila Devi Fair
Kaila Devi fair, a pilgrimage in the honor of the Goddess of Wealth also known as Maha Laxmi, is a major festive occasion for the Meenas, a large tribe of Rajasthan. This is very large fair, with nearly two lakh people gathering here every year.
The location of the fair is on the banks of Kalisil river in Trikut hills, two Kms. from Kaila village in Karauli district. A temple dedicated to Hanumanji is also situated here. A ritual called Kanak-Dandotis is observed by staunch devotees. In this, a distance of nearly 20 Kms to reach the temple is covered not on foot but by lying prostrate, making lines with their hands in that position, advancing up to the line drawn and repeating this procedure till they reach the temple. While some take food and rest, others complete the journey without eating and resting.
The fair lasts for a fortnight. The devout sing and dance in the praise of the deity. The participants also setup shops to market indigenous products.
The fair is easily accessible from three locations, Karauli, Hindaun and Mahavirji